Eco-friendly Interior Design tips 2021
If you’re new to living an eco-friendly lifestyle, you may feel intimidated about the process. Where do you start? What products do you use? And how can you keep this up every day?
The good news is that living environmentally friendly is so much easier than you may think. And it all starts with simply being more mindful about the decisions you make in your home, including the products you allow into your space and how you manage your waste.
However you start your eco journey, you can be confident that by devoting yourself to green living, you will be making a difference to the planet.
Whether you’re moving house, renovating your existing home, or just want to implement new style elements, we’ve compiled our favorite eco-friendly interior design tips for this year. Read on to be inspired!
Repurpose and reuse
You know what they say – one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. And this couldn’t be more true when it comes to furniture for your home. Scouring your local second-hand store will leave you with beautiful pieces of old furniture for a bargain price! And if you love DIY, you can have fun upcycling your pieces and making them look brand new. Plus, when you buy second-hand, you allow furniture to live out its full potential, instead of leaving it to waste away in a landfill.
Tips: Floristry Hobby
Purchase from eco-friendly brands
Furnishing your home is a big enough task on its own, but trying to find eco-friendly items can be really overwhelming. It takes time to research brands, understands where the products come from, and be confident that they are actually eco-friendly. We’ve done the leg work for you and researched four great eco-friendly brands and an eco-friendly commercial cleaner:
- Cisco Brothers – they stock all of the essentials, including everything from seating to lighting, and all of their products are sustainably made.
- EKLA Home – they pride themselves on using only organic materials to create their products. You’ll be able to find a wide range of fabrics and textures to suit your home.
- VivaTerra – this brand’s tagline is “Inspired Green Living” and their website proves it! Just browsing the gorgeous pictures will give you plenty of inspiration!
- Palecek – this company launched on the scene 40 years ago after the owner travelled around the world gathering inspiration from Asia. He was inspired by traditional basket-weaving practices and decided to bring them to the rest of the world, infusing natural patterns, textures and fibres.
- Clean Focus – The Clean Focus team is a results-oriented cleaning services workforce. quality trained cleaners make it a point for all your cleaning requirements to be met and exceed expectations. Clean Focus understands how cleanliness is important to any business or residential establishment. We get cleaning done in the most efficient and effective manner.
This might seem like an obvious one but don’t tune out just yet! So many of us spend endless amounts of money buying new things (especially when we’re moving house) that we forget about the wonderful items that we already have and creative projects that we can do. Think about all of the gorgeous decor pieces that might be collecting dust in your cupboards, shed or under the house, right now. A simple wipe and clean could make all the difference to your old pieces, giving them a new life! You’ll not only help the environment, but you’ll also save precious dollars that you would otherwise spend.
Use organic bedding
Organic cotton is more sustainable for the environment, and the bedding is manufactured without the addition of harmful chemicals. Plus, organic cotton is more breathable than its synthetic alternatives, which can leave you feeling hot and sweaty on a warm night. So not only are organic sheets and covers great for the environment, but they are better for your health and more comfortable too!
Install energy-saving light bulbs
Did you know that energy-efficient light bulbs actually last up to 12 times as long as traditional bulbs? It’s true! You may be wondering how they achieve this. The answer is simple – energy-saving bulbs use less electricity while emitting the same amount of light as a normal bulb. So next time you replace your lights, make the switch to eco-friendly bulbs – you’ll not only reduce your power bill but you’ll improve your carbon footprint too!
There you have it, 5 simple interior design tips for an eco-friendly home in 2021. When you implement these steps, you can feel proud knowing you’re looking after the environment, saving money, and protecting your family’s health.